EU and EEA Citizens

Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (Settled and Pre-settled Status)

The UK government has made allowances for EU, EEA and Swiss citizens who are currently living in the UK so that they may remain, even though the UK is no longer a member of the EU.

If you apply to the EU Settlement Scheme successfully, you’ll be able to continue living and working in the UK after 30 June 2021.

Settled Status
If you and your family have continually lived in the UK for a 5-year period, you can apply for this to get a settled status.

Pre-Settled Status
If you or your family haven’t lived in the UK continuously for a 5 years period, you can apply for a pre-settled status. this is temporary and you can change your status once you’ve got 5 years continuous residence.

Residence Documents for Foreign Nationals in the UK

Non-EU close family members of EU citizens who wish to remain in the UK may apply for settled or pre-settled status as long as the EU, EEA or Swiss citizen is living in the UK by 31 December 2020. For close family members are: partners, dependant children and grandchildren (under 21, natural or adoptive), parents and grandparents, if the EU citizen you wish to join in the UK does not have settled or pre-settled status, you will have to apply for an EEA family permit to join them and then switch to pre-settled status once you are in the UK.

Deadline 30th June 2021

Frontier Worker Permit

A Frontier Worker permit allows you come to the UK to work while living elsewhere as long as you have worked in the UK by 31 December 2020 and you have kept working in the UK at least once every 12 months since you started working in the UK. From 1 July 2021, as a frontier worker, you’ll need a permit to enter the UK for work.

Enter the UK as an S2 Healthcare Visitor

You can enter the UK as an S2 Healthcare Visitor if you have been authorised to receive planned healthcare in the UK under the ‘S2 arrangement' or you're accompanying or joining someone receiving planned healthcare treatment under the ‘S2 arrangement’ to provide them with care or support.

UK Ancestry visa

You can apply for a UK Ancestry visa if all of the following are true:

  • - You’re a commonwealth citizen
  • - You can prove one of your grandparents was born in the UK
  • - You intend to work in the UK